Monday, May 7, 2012

Salad Wrap Bento

So I think I may have a handle on this whole bento thing and I packed this box with bulky vegetables so as to not make the same mistake as last week.

Today I have a grilled chicken salad wrap kit: butter leaf lettuce, purple cabbage, teriyaki glazed grilled chicken (please excuse my knife skills...I didn't realize it was that bad until I looked at this photo), gluten free soy sauce and a peanut sauce in the green container (recipe below.)  I also have apple and orange slices, colby jack cutouts and what looks like a tiny bit of rice - it is actually a loosely packed half cup - the box is eerily deceiving!

Peanut Sauce:
2 TBSP Natural Peanut butter
2 TBSP Coconut Milk (I used Silk Pure Coconut Original)
1 TBSP Bragg's Liquid Aminos
Juice of two lime wedges
1 Clove of garlic, pressed
A dash of rice wine vinegar
Fresh Cracked pepper

Wisk all ingredients together until smooth (I used the small container of my Ninja food processor) Add Coconut Milk or Water to reach your desired consistency. Garnish with fresh cracked pepper or kick up the heat with a little Sriracha.

No comments:

Post a Comment