Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spiced up Leftover Bento


Today's bento bears a vague resemblance of last night's dinner but I almost fooled myself.  Packed in this 3 cup Rubbermaid Lock-it are:

  • Kicked up Cornbread Muffins - Green Chili Cornbread (recipe to follow) poured over leftover sautéed onions and grilled chicken.  Top with shredded cheese (I used Monterrey Jack and Cheddar) and baked to set
  • Lazy Tuna Salad - Drained tuna mixed with gluten free thai peanut dressing and topped with a few diagonal stripes of Sriracha.
  • A quick early morning stir fry of leftover steamed veggies - broccoli, red peppers, onions and snap peas - dressed with my go-to stir fry sauce (soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, rice wine vinegar, grated fresh ginger and a little sugar) and topped with a few sliced almonds.
  • Sliced strawberries and a few cherry tomatoes completed the box.
Even though this box is labeled as a cup larger than yesterday, it was the perfect amount of food (the tunafish was my mid afternoon snack.)  I see purchasing more of these boxes in my future - aside from a crumpled foil muffin liner, this box traveled extremely well.  I especially love that I can purchase lock-its at my local grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment